Bruno V. Gallo, M.D., is a renowned neurologist with over 24 years of experience. He is the Director of the Parkinson & Neuromodulation Center at Baptist Health in Miami . He spent four years in private practice on the West Coast of Florida, moving to Sarasota upon completion of his Epilepsy/EEG neurophysiology fellowship at Jackson Memorial Hospital. While in private practice, Dr. Gallo gained extensive expertise in deep brain stimulation (DBS) as well as movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and medically refractory epilepsy.
For 12 years Dr. Gallo was the Director of the Intra-operative neurophysiology monitoring unit in the operating rooms at Jackson Memorial Hospital a large 1200 bed community teaching hospital and Director of the Deep Brain Stimulation Program. He also performs all the needed pre-operative testing, evaluation and preparation for DBS patients as well as intra-operative neurophysiological testing and post-operative programming of deep brain stimulation patients. He is additionally qualified in the use of implantable medicine pumps for the slow delivery of dopamine gel for patients with advanced Parkinson symptoms. His expertise includes the use of vagal nerve stimulation (VNS) for epilepsy patients where this technology is indicated, since 1997.
Dr. Bruno V. Gallo completed novel innovative bench work on anticonvulsant agents during his training and has stood as a principal investigator and co-investigator on over 47 different Phase I and Phase II clinical research trials. He has also been honored as the recipient of the Peritz Scheinberg Clinical Neurology Award during his training.
Along with authoring numerous book chapters, Dr. Bruno V. Gallo has written and contributed to a number of publications on topics including:
- Parkinson Disease, Handbook of Neurosurgery, Neurology and Spinal Medicine for Nurses and Advanced Practice Health Professionals. 1st Edition. Routledge Publishing. London & New York.
- Objective Tremor Registration During DBS Surgery for Essential Tremor. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Staged unilateral or bilateral STN-DBS. Movement Disorders: Official Journal of the Movement Disorder Society
- Objective Monitoring of Tremor and Bradykinesia During Dbs Surgery for Parkinson Disease. Neurology
- Giant Arteriovenous Malformation Presenting As Pediatric Task-specific Dystonia. Neurology
- Epilepsy Surgery for the Elderly. Epilepsy Research
- Acquired Abducens-trigeminal Synkinesis. Neurology
- Pharmacokinetics and Muscle Histopathology of Intramuscular Valproate. Epilepsy Research
- HIV Encephalitis Presenting with Severe Generalized Chorea. Neurology
- Pharmacokinetic Profile of Flosequinan in Patients with Compromised Renal Function. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences