Dr. Bruno V. Gallo
Dr. Bruno Gallo is a renowned neurologist and Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery with over 24 years of experience. He spent four years in private practice on the West Coast of Florida, moving to Sarasota upon completion of his Epilepsy/EEG neurophysiology fellowship at Jackson Memorial Hospital. While in private practice, Dr. Bruno Gallo gained extensive expertise in deep brain stimulation (DBS) as well as movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, and dystonia.
For the past 12 years Dr. Gallo was the Director of the Intra-operative neurophysiology monitoring unit in the operating rooms at Jackson Memorial Hospital and Director of the Deep Brain Stimulation Program. He also performs all the needed pre-operative testing, evaluation and preparation for the DBS patients as well as intra-operative neurophysiological testing and post-operative programming of deep brain stimulation patients. He is additionally qualified in the use of implantable medicine pumps for the slow delivery of dopamine gel for patients with advanced Parkinson symptoms. His expertise includes the use of vagal nerve stimulation (VNS) for epilepsy patients where this technology is indicated, since 1997.
Dr. Bruno Gallo completed novel innovative bench work on anticonvulsant agents during his training and has stood as a principal investigator and co-investigator on over 43 different Phase I and Phase II clinical research trials. He has also been honored as the recipient of the Peritz Scheinberg Clinical Neurology Award.
Along with authoring numerous book chapters, Dr. Bruno Gallo has written and contributed to a number of publications on topics including:
- Objective Tremor Registration During Dbs Surgery for Essential Tremor. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Staged unilateral or bilateral STN-DBS. Movement Disorders: Official Journal of the Movement Disorder Society
- Objective Monitoring of Tremor and Bradykinesia During Dbs Surgery for Parkinson Disease. Neurology
- Giant Arteriovenous Malformation Presenting As Pediatric Task-specific Dystonia. Neurology
- Epilepsy Surgery for the Elderly. Epilepsy Research
- Acquired Abducens-trigeminal Synkinesis. Neurology
- Pharmacokinetics and Muscle Histopathology of Intramuscular Valproate. Epilepsy Research
- Hiv Encephalitis Presenting with Severe Generalized Chorea. Neurology
- Pharmacokinetic Profile of Flosequinan in Patients with Compromised Renal Function. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences